Think across borders and Join us @ ICT 2010
All materials related to WINS-ICT participation in ICT 2010 can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
The ICT 2010 Event
This biennial event has become a unique gathering point for researchers, business people, investors, and high level policy makers in the field of digital innovation. ICT 2010 will focus on policy priorities such as Europe's Digital Agenda and the 2011-2012 financial programme (€2.8 billion) of the European Union for funding research and innovation in ICT. For more information see the ICT 2010 website.
The networking stand
The two EU-funded projects, WINS-ICT and ICT-WEB-PROMS, are jointly organising a stand throughout the three day ICT 2010 Event to inform interested EU and WBC stakeholders of the projects' activities and cooperation opportunities with the WB region. The project teams will collect expressions of interest for cooperation and will act as intermediaries. The projects are furthermore managing a contact database of WB and EU stakeholders operating in the field of ICT, and it will be possible to register in this database directly at the stand. You will find our stand “Building EU - Western Balkan ICT Partnerships” in the International village in Zone D.
Join our networking session !
Besides the networking stand, the two projects are cooperating in the organisation of a networking session jointly organised by seven EU-funded actions: ISTOK-SOYUZ, SCUBE-ICT, EXTEND, WINS-ICT, ICT-WEB-PROMS, IncoNet CA/SC and IncoNet-EECA. This session, entitled “Thinking across borders - (Re) discover ICT cooperation potential with East Europe & Central Asia and Western Balkan countries” will be held on 28 September from 9:00 to 10:30 in Room 1122.
The session aims at enhancing co-operation between researchers from the EU and Eastern European & Central Asian (EECA) and Western Balkan (WB) countries. The floor will be given to researchers to present and promote their ideas, and bilateral meetings between researchers from EU and EECA/WB countries will be held to discuss future joint research activities. The session will also host the award ceremony of the Western Balkan countries’ ICT idea competition. Six winners will be rewarded for their excellent ICT research ideas and given the opportunity to present their proposals.
For more information please see: http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/cf/ict2010/item-display.cfm?id=2908
How to participate and how to present your organisation
To support the organisation of the networking session, a web tool has been developed to enable those interested in EU-funded research activities to promote their research competencies and find their future partners.
Registering on the web tool (http://www.eeca-ict.eu/index.php/en/thinking-across-borders)will allow you to submit your profile and idea(s).
The registration process will be open until 3 September 2010. After that day, you may browse through the list of registered participants and request face-to-face meetings to discuss collaboration opportunities.
- Registration to the networking session: 3 September. Each participant will have to register on-line (http://www.eeca-ict.eu/index.php/en/thinking-across-borders) and complete his profile (areas of interest, previous experience and achievements, contact details during the event, etc) as well as his research idea(s).
- Requesting meetings: 10 September. Each participant will be invited to select those participants that he/she would like to meet after going through their profiles and research idea(s).
- Finalisation of meetings: 17 September. Each participant will have to check his/her meetings and accept/reject them.
- Meeting schedule: 22 September. The session organisers will prepare the overall time plan for the meetings and communicate it to all participants before the event.
- All participants must also register and pay for access to the ICT 2010 Event (http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/ict/2010/index_en.htm).
Join us now and find your future research partners!
For questions, please contact:
Mr Huseyin Metin, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org